FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:32 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by catocony
I wonder how the GE guys handle those types of things? No prints or other evidence, no bail forms or anything, charges dismissed without no fuss.
Just report it on your application and I'm sure you'll be fine. Always assume they know about such things and just explain it to them like you did to us and there's a 99% chance it won't affect you.

Originally Posted by TWA884
That sounds like an excessively prolonged detention rather than an arrest. A formal arrest involves a booking process which includes the taking of mugshots and fingerprints. The prints are then entered into statewide and nationwide databases. Based upon my experience as a lawyer who has handled numerous criminal cases, it would appear that the case may have been a prosecutor's reject and was not even filed. Folks regularly show up in court pursuant to a notice to appear after they were released from jail only to find their names on the list of cases that were not filed.
Based on my experience as a lawyer this could easily be an arrest. Every jurisdiction does things differently, sometimes there are more formalities, sometimes there are less. If it's a college town it might very well be less.