FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:09 pm
ridgebackpilot

Programs: UA 2 MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Well, we knew something like this was coming, right?! Chase has lost so much on the CSR card that they had to find a way to stop the hemorrhage.

Given that change, I decided to product change my CSP into the CSR card. My CPC banker called on my behalf and it took about five minutes in the branch. To avoid another HP on my Experian, I simply moved some credit from my other Chase cards to cover the difference between the $6K SL on my CSP and the required minimum $10K SL on the CSR. The CSR is a VISA Infinite card and has a minimum SL of $10K.

No, I didn't get any bonus UR points but over time, the CSR card makes far more sense for me than the CSP card. If you travel at all on business or pleasure, consider getting the CSR card. Even though it has a higher annual fee than the CSP card, you can easily make up for that each year with better benefits. See this article for more information: https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/sho...-csr-over-csp/

According to The Points Guy: "Even though the CSR has a higher annual fee, it easily comes out on top because of its great benefits. But as we’ve seen, even if you don’t include the value of those perks, it still doesn’t take much in the way of annual travel and dining spend for the CSR to make sense, even at $450 per year."

The ability to PC cards and move SL around among cards is one of many reasons that I like Chase.