FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Rewards questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:46 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Heathrow Rewards questions

I can't find any detailed discussion about Heathrow Rewards, so hope a new thread here is appropriate in light of the current excellent Avios earning opportunities.

I have rather ignored this prog, being overburdened with other progs which seemed to offer more, but I do have an account that I registered for a long time ago, and I think is quietly collecting points each time I buy a HEX ticket.

However, I am much more interested in the current 4,500 Avios sign-up bonus / conversion opportunity for a £150 spend (potentially landside on gift cards if I understand correctly), but have have read that there is a limit of one account per household (does this mean address ?).

Is the limit enforced by LHR Rewards and, if so, how ? Can different people at the same address really not sign up ? Can the same person sign up at different addresses (work / home) ? Do the addresses on the LHR Rewards and Avios (or BAEC ?) account to which converted points are transferred have to match ? Do the names even have to match ?

Given that there is a deadline for earning / converting for the current bonus, a virtual card would seem to be the way to go, rather than waiting for a card to arrive in the post (or not) some time in the future. However, I read somewhere that there are issues with scanned virtual cards. Does anyone know if that currently applies at WH Smith or Boots ?

I hope that I am not alone in thinking that a thread on this potentially useful Avios earning opportunity would be justified. If there is one and I have missed it, perhaps a Mod could kindly fold my questions into it.