FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, etc. w/ Ultimate Rewards Points, 2014-2017
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:53 am
Need

Originally Posted by lkar
I had a similar situation where AA discretionarily refunded me due to a schedule change. It was cash and points. It took Chase about 3 weeks to redeposit the points and credit the cash.

It was interesting because the AA refund showed the last 4 digits of the card to which the refund went and they were different from the last four of my Chase reserve. It took a while, but I finally got someone at ultimate rewards travel to explain it to me. They have a "master" card or cards that pay the airlines out of one card account (or a handful). When refunds come back to the master account it takes a while to reconcile it, and then another period for connexions or whatever to ping chase to refund the account.
I just got the last 4 digits from Delta on the refund and it is different from my credit card. Here is what Delta's email said:

"If you do not recognize the credit card number listed above, it is possible the travel agency who issued the ticket used an agency credit card to purchase the ticket. Please contact the travel agency directly with any questions."

So now I just need to wait until 30 days (Chase said it takes 30 days on points refund) from the date of the refund (8/7) to see if the points will come back. About 1 more week to go.