FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying first with baby
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:29 am
madfish

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
I sat in J on the way back from HKG once when the parents of the 18m old near me were clearly experimenting with the 'just let him keep screaming till he gives up' strategy. Which in my opinion is an appalling thing to do on a 12h flight.

I spoke to 1 parent (and I don't think the is unusual) who had never cared for their child overnight as they had a nanny and being on the plane at night was possibly the 1st time they had had to manage getting baby to sleep.

Another day flight in Virgin UC with parent who let their child run wild- he told the cabin crew it was the longest that he had ever looked after the child for- about 5 hours as his partner went to the quite zone to sleep and he *moved to where there was more room* as she flung herself over the seats and jumped between them. Virgin sent a crew member down to mind the child- father though she was so cute.
Just completed an ex-EU with an infant and in ten flights we only experienced difficulties on the last one at take off. Despite doing everything we could some passengers had their heads rammed so far up their own arses it didn't matter what we tried to do. Others were very understanding.

However, what annoyed us most was on the return from MIA in F. Somebody with an infant had been given an opup to F. She basically allowed the child to wander the cabin. At one point the child entered the galley and almost tipped over the trolley that they were using to sort meals out on. CC weee not impressed - they even commented on the fact they felt like baby sitters.

On our outbound the CC were great with our daughter. They even wanted to take her into the galley to play with her!