FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which hotel in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:04 am
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Chromie25
Casually visiting this thread as I'm planning my next SIN trip and was surprised to see all the good reviews for the Fullerton. Things must've changed over the past couple of years since my last stay...it was my worst experience at a premium hotel. Had a Courtyard room ....
Things haven't changed, the courtyard rooms are still dire (considering the high price). I'd estimate that 70% of the rooms at Fullerton are poor, but there are 10% SPECATACULAR rooms and 20% good ones. If you want 100% great rooms, you have to go to Fullerton Bay (that's why they built it, but also costs twice as much). So reviews of the Fullerton are meaningless without knowing which of their 20 different room types were reviewed

I've switched to Fairmont/Swissotel as I often check in late and Fullerton would have given away my reserved room type and palmed off a much worse room -- and then manager apoligized profuesly the next day. Tired of those shenanigans, hence the Fairmont/Swossotel Stamford by Raffles, great location on 2 MRT stations. The newly renovated rooms at Swissotel are great (all the higher floors, anything over 20 for sure).