FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Earning points for multiple rooms [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:19 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by stephem
I need to blast out 7 stays to get back to Plat for an upcoming trip (fell to gold for first time in 14 years) and need then another 9 nights to hit 500 before Dec 31, so want to check my math...

For the 7 stays (which will get me to 25), I can do C+P x 3 rooms on a Wed (3), then a Friday (3) to net 6 stays and then just one more on another night to hit 25 stays, right?

That will get me to 491 nights, so I just need 10 more nights, again doing 3 x rooms, it is 3 "visits" (3x3=9)?

Thanks!
As stated in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...um-status.html you need 500 nights AND 10 years of platinum status for LTP.

Yes, if those 7 stays of 1 night each will put you at 491 nights, then any combination of 10 more nights should put you over the top for LTP, presuming you have the years. If you have cheap properties available to you, maybe consider changing some of those 7 stays to 2 night stays and just leave after the first night and get there quicker.