FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex DUB logistics and positioning | clinic thread
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:57 pm
gcuk

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Sorry I know this has likely been asked before but my search skills are failing.

Am I being totally stupid to look at booking

BA4461 DUB-LCY (schedule to arrive 08:30) and connect to

BA01 LCY-JFK (schedules departure 09:40) (to add a complication I'll be connecting at JFK to SFO am turning this into a TP to get Gold)

This will definitly be one ticket and I will have luggage.

And yes I know I'lll have to clear security. Not sure passport control though.

Thanks!
A couple of years ago in the height of the TP run boom to Hawaii, we were waiting on the babybus at LCY for the Dublin flight to arrive with 13 connecting pax onboard, the majority of whom were going on from JFK to LAX and then Hawaii.
The Captain was very apologetic to those of us terminating in New York when he further delayed the babybus because the pax had made it but their luggage still had to clear the transfer system. We eventually left about 45 mins late but it was a great call on his part in my view. Trying to reunite pax with luggage on a TP run would I imagine be a nightmare.
He and the crew were amazed at the TP run concept. I of course was well versed thanks to FT! I did think though that TP runners and luggage were a contradiction in terminology