FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:06 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by snic
Dear Lurker,

My family and I were recently on a flight from Stockholm to Bologna, routing through FRA, with the last leg on LH. The Stockholm-FRA flight was delayed, causing us to miss our FRA-BLQ. LH put us on the next flight, 4 hours later. When we arrived, our checked luggage was not there, despite the fact that we were automatically rebooked on the next flight and LH staff in FRA had 4 hours to figure out which flight the bags should be on. Two of the three bags arrived on the last flight of the day, and one bag is supposedly arriving the next day.

It is bad enough that the bags were delayed for no good reason, but this situation is even worse. The BLQ airport staff handed over the first two bags to a courier, AQS Services. The BLQ staff says that LH's contract with AQS states that bags should be delivered within 24 hours of receipt by AQS. However, the courier I spoke with said he doesn't even have the bags yet (contradicting the airport staff, who say the courier already has the bags) and says he will not deliver them until 48 hours after he gets the bags, excluding Sunday (so, really 72 hours). What this means is that the bags arrived in BLQ on Friday evening, but they will not be delivered to us until Tuesday.

I am writing in this public forum to request your assistance with this matter. You may tell me that you have no control over the courier, but that is not true - you contract with the courier and you have the leverage to force them to do their job. My entire family is distraught over the missing bags and this has nearly ruined our vacation. Please help by stepping in to force the courier to do their job properly and get us our bags. I would be happy to provide more details via private message.

Hi snic,
sorry, we are only here from Monday to Friday. Have you received your bags by now?
Vanessa