FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - got ejected from my exit aisle seat(777) because arm has a quarter-size bruise
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:52 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Actually, I would not have followed this crew member instruction at all, and would have called her out on it right in her face and demanded the purser and a gate supervisor. If I was forced out by the purser and the supervisor, and I found non revs in the seat, I would have taken their photo with my phone to document it and told them to their face I would be writing to my United regional sales manager and would be pushing to have their privileges suspended and their "buddy FA" disciplined.

I hope the OP writes in and receives significant compensation, but more important, I hope the FA is severely disciplined and the NRSAs in question have their flight privileges suspended.

The OP was far more easy going than I would have been in this case. Threads like this just make my blood boil
While I agree with all your hopeful outcomes for the FA and airline, I wouldn't recommend this action to anyone who actually needs to get somewhere. UA doesn't guarantee seats, and can move you at any time for any reason. While you might later be exonerated for customer service reasons, it's very likely you wouldn't be taking that particular flight, if you had refused to move.

But the FA's actions were inexcusable.