FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SURVEY: Would You Like To See An Official EK Rep/Lurker On The Forum?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:21 pm
ioto1902

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Q1 : No

Because I can't see what an EK rep can bring to us.

There is no such thing as an off-the-record info in the web. If there is any exclusive info initially intended to FTer, you can be sure that media / competitors will jump on it. Therefore no EK rep will veer from the official PR talk.

Because FT should remain a free speech space.

By "free", I mean "no hidden agenda".
As someone recalled, a flyer complained about a 45 min delay. In many's opinion (and also mine), it is totally abusive. BUT, this guy didn't think so, and this is perfectly all right.
We'd put EK in an awkward situation but forcing EK to react more than what customer relations did.

Some time ago, we had a good laugh with the hand-lotion-gate. (No harm intended to you-know-who ) The thread would have had a different taste if EK was officially represented ...

The presence of an EK rep will indeed attract professional claimers of all sort, and this would spoil the pleasant ambiance of the forum.
Moreover, it will change the behavior of all of us - like it or not -, and our disappointment will probably be as high as our expectations.

So, better keep it as it is. Infos and opinions provided here by fellow FTer are very helpful, and some are already extremely knowledgeable.