FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - got ejected from my exit aisle seat(777) because arm has a quarter-size bruise
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:06 pm
MrWilliamston

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Um, you may want to be a little careful here.

In the US, generally an annual wellness exam is "free" if you have medical insurance (it is treated as preventive and insurance pays 100% of what is billed).

However, if during that visit you disclose any illness, the physician's office may end up billing it as a sick visit and you may incur additional responsibility (co-pays, co-insurance, etc.). My physician's office has me sign a form to this effect during my annual well visits, and I have anecdotally read reports of the practice surprising people ( https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1579109 ). Worst case, I guess maaaaybe you could ask UA to cover any additional costs you incur based on their FA's medical judgment that your quarter-sized bruise represented a safety risk, but good luck with that.
wouldn't my doctor see the bruise on my arm and ask anyway? (since I have be completely nude during the exam) my previous PCP was a female doctor an during the annual wellness exam, she bought a female nurse in during the exam... I thought it was because she was a female and when she examined my private areas, she had to bring in the nurse... strangely, my current PCP, a male doctor, also brings in a female nurse whenever the patient is in the nude.