FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - got ejected from my exit aisle seat(777) because arm has a quarter-size bruise
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:59 pm
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by puchong
How do you report a FA? Often they don't wear badges or the badges are not easily legible. If you make an obvious effort to read their badge, they could possibly 'feel threatened' and eject you from the plane - after all this is United.
When sending in complaints and compliments, I describe whether they are male/female, approx. age, approximately when they served me on the plane/gate/check-in/phone or other aspects of the incident (good or bad) and other distinguishing characteristics. I am dreadful with names so that even if I am given someone's name it immediately goes out of my head. Like you I too am concerned about being seen as a "security threat" so do not escalate situations as I am traveling to get to somewhere else.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Agree, but since the door was presumably not closed yet, I see no reason for the airline not to document the new seat assignment.
Slightly off topic, but I thought it was a requirement that the manifest properly record assigned seats with names (for documentation purposes in case something goes wrong), and if so, then surely this needs to be done prior to the door closing as I thought they gave the final listing to the crew.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Aug 27, 2017 at 2:04 pm