FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - got ejected from my exit aisle seat(777) because arm has a quarter-size bruise
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:46 pm
mherdeg

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
I just happened to have an annual wellness check-up tomorrow, so I'll ask my PCP doctor to look at the bruise. He'll probably laugh and give me a lollipop, but at least he'll document it for me.
Um, you may want to be a little careful here.

In the US, generally an annual wellness exam is "free" if you have medical insurance (it is treated as preventive and insurance pays 100% of what is billed).

However, if during that visit you disclose any illness, the physician's office may end up billing it as a sick visit and you may incur additional responsibility (co-pays, co-insurance, etc.). My physician's office has me sign a form to this effect during my annual well visits, and I have anecdotally read reports of the practice surprising people ( https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1579109 ). Worst case, I guess maaaaybe you could ask UA to cover any additional costs you incur based on their FA's medical judgment that your quarter-sized bruise represented a safety risk, but good luck with that.