FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - got ejected from my exit aisle seat(777) because arm has a quarter-size bruise
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:28 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
"Please issue me a new boarding pass showing my downgraded seat, so I can include it as evidence with my formal complaint."
FA's have the right to move a passenger out of an exit row seat for safety reasons, and given that this can happen after the door has been closed (or even potentially whilst in flight) I'd be fairly sure there is no need for them to issue a new boarding pass when doing do.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that a quarter-sized bruise is a valid 'safety reason', just that potentially there is no requirement to do what you're asking for. Still may have been enough to get the point across...

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
You should have asked for downgrade compensation on the spot since you were moved to E- and demanded the FA get the GA to issue you the downgrade compensation.
E+ to E- is not considered a "downgrade" as they are both treated as the same class, so officially no compensation would be due.