FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:32 am
BMGRAHAM

Programs: AA Platinum/2m miler, Marriott A and LTT, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, Avis Presidents. +more
Originally Posted by X-ON
This wording can potentially be worrying for some:
Q: "I have attained Lifetime status in one of the loyalty programs already. Will that be recognized in the Status Match to the other program? "
A: "Don’t worry; you’ll continue to enjoy all the benefits of Lifetime status in the program in which you earned it. We are initially matching your tier status between programs, and when the programs are combined in the future, we’ll consider ways that preserve the continued recognition of our most valued lifetime customers."
"ways" could for instance be a mapping between total number of combined nights in MR+SPG and if not this number do not exceeds 750 you no longer LT top tier in the new program or any permutation of this ...
It says "We will continue to recognize your existing Lifetime Status in the program where you earned it today, and in any new, combined program in the future." That seems unambiguous to me. The only thing I can see might happen is that Lifetime Platinum in SPG might not match Lifetime Platinum in Marriott, since you need more nights for the latter. I hope not since they matched those two statuses for non lifetime.