FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:54 pm
joecool1885

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
More than I bargained for for a short stay:

Check In Full review to come at joeprotravel.comWhile planning a trip to visit family in Northern Virginia this year, I decided to book 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner. I booked using a points+cash rate at a cost of $75 and 6000 points per night. I used a tier-suite upgrade to place me in a Regency Suite.We arrived at the Tysons Corner Mall right at 3:00, navigating our way around until we found a parking garage next to the Hyatt. We parked on the fourth level of the garage and followed a walkway over the road to the lobby of the Hyatt.I stepped into the lobby immediately impressed. The area was modern, calm, beautiful. Two check in desks were situated against the wall, only one was staffed.Ernest greeted me and took my information. He verified that I was booked in a Regency Suite for a 2 night stay.I inquired about upgrade options and he told me the next higher room would be the Ambassador Suite. I asked how much additional this would be, and he advised me that it was $100 per night.I consulted with my aunt, who was planning to stay with my mother for her 4 nights in Virginia. She agreed that she'd stay for a night with me and contribute $75 towards the room, so I went ahead and agreed to the upgrade.There was some miscommunication thereafter and as it turns out, due to the points+cash rate I was on, the upgrade was only going to be an additional $50 per night.I asked Earnest about the Regency Club and he told me the hours and gave me a card with the hours listed. I thanked him and grabbed my duffel. Room This room was AMAZING!I've seen and stayed in some larger rooms, but this one certainly felt larger than our VIP suite at the HR SFO Embarcadero and was far more modern than our super suites at the Hyatt in Kauai.Off to the left of the entrance was a mini-hall and a half bath. Straight from the entance was a massive living room/dining room combo with a pull-out sectional sofa and a couple of lounge chairs, a 6 person dining table, a nespresso machine, and loads and loads of cabinet space. A 42" TV hung on the wall across from the sofa.The massive windows across the dining and living area featured views of the mall and the courtyard below, the metro, and rolling hills in the distance.The room was filled with the sound of smooth jazz coming from an ihome iPhone dock, and the music continued from a second dock in the bedroom. Past the dining room the bedroom was separated by a pocket door.The bedroom featured a Hyatt Grand King Sized Bed, dual nightstands and lamps, a chaise lounger, and barn doors leading into the bathroom. In the bathroom there were dual sinks, an array of mirrors, and a gargantuan shower/tub combo. The glass shower doors opened to reveal a rain-shower head along with a standard head, a small marble bench, and a spacious tub. Overall Fresh, modern, and insanely convenient, my stay turned out to be a surprise highlight of my trip. While the Regency club is not overly impressive, it was still a lovely place to kick back during the stay. Meanwhile the entire area around the hotel was a bustling entertainment zone complete with good food and beverage and plenty of activities for all ages as well.Check out a 360 Video Tour at: https://youtu.be/j4c5tZUGyiE