FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:52 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dylane
I'm trying to file a trip delay claim where I missed a connecting flight at MSP due to a weather delay flying out of JFK on Delta. At the airport I tried to ask for some documentation for the reason for the delay, but after getting passed around to a lot of people and trying a number of different things in their system, they weren't able to find anything they could print to document this and told me to just call when my trip was over. So when I returned I saw that I could ask for trip delay documentation online. I submitted a request 2 days ago and was told I would receive something "shortly" but when I hadn't received any mail after 24 hours I called Delta. The rep I spoke with just reentered all of my flight information and said I should get a confirmation in a few minutes, but that it would take 30 - 90 days to receive the actual documentation needed.

So 2 questions:

1) Is such a long time to get a statement from the carrier normal?
2) Can I submit a claim online before I get that statement, and then just provide that documentation when it eventually comes in?
Maybe get a screen shot from flightaware? My DL documentation took maybe a week to arrive.