FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC/UA: January 2018 MSP- Prague $2,224, FCO $2,442
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:09 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mules
Thanks for your advice. I will be lucky to get my husband out of the office for 10 days or so.

In the timeframe I am looking at none of the Spanish cities or the Portuguese ones had fares that I would consider a deal (as of 3 pm today.)

In the Nice area, would art museums be closed as well? I was thinking of doing something along the lines of into Paris and out of Nice or vice versa.

For other MSP fliers looking to get away, I also found a $3000 ish business class fare to Singapore on Air China. The monsoon season humidity will keep me away but it is tempting. They also had similar prices to Tokyo and Osaka but I am passing on those.
Some of the small art museums in villages might close for the season, but the ones in Nice should be open (except for the traditional Monday or maybe Tuesday weekly closing day), but the opening hours might be a bit shorter.

Similarly, outside of Nice, many hotels and restaurants (and I would assume bars) close for the season.

You should be able to easily check the specifics of places that interest you on the internet.