FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account fraud / breach: my account compromised, awards taken, etc.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:40 am
arizonawildcat

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
The agent never should have said it can take up to 6 months.
Yep, that's been essentially my whole point. I fully understand the need to properly investigate and the time involved in doing so...but AA could rethink their communication plan of attack when things like this happen to their customers. A little more empathy in what is undoubtedly a stressful situation for those who have lost their hard earned miles would go a long way. Simply quoting in a robotic manner "it can take up to 6 months and no you can't talk to anyone" certainly does not help.

If someone were to have told me personally (even reading from a script of sorts), "Hey, this is a horrible situation and we are really sorry you are experiencing this. Here at AA we take fraud very seriously and have elevated your case to our security team. While it could take several months to unravel the situation and get your miles back into your account, most cases are solved within a few weeks. The next step is typically us reaching back out to verify some additional information so be on the lookout for this request via email. In the mean time, if you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to this email address: XXXX.