FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is photo ID currently needed for domestic flights? (BAEC card not deemed enough)
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:02 am
BAAZ

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I'm starting to think that the Domestics request for Photo ID is just for me!

About an hour ago I once more tried to check a suitcase in T5 in the First checkin area, for a domestic flight, handing over only my BAEC (GGL!) card. After finding my booking, and printing the luggage tag, the checkin agent then asked for photo ID. I pointed out that the website said that a BAEC card is enough, he counted that "it had changed yesterday" and refused to tag the bag until I handed a driving license or passport over.

I had too many liquids in the suitcase to take it carry-on only, so I didn't want to just take it back + walk off, as I'd have to ditch more than I'd want to at security. After a bit of back and forth on what the website said, I had to hand over a driving license to get my bag tagged

So, unless things really did change yesterday, I fear the T5 First staff just don't like me...
Maybe it's your name, that matches the name of another person who has caused suspicion in the past for whatever reason, and they want to check that you're not him?