FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Observations from an AS Elite trying VX
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:01 pm
Erik Jacobsen
Suspended

Programs: AA EXPLT; AS 75k; B6 Mosaic; UA Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott/SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
I'm a flight attendant for VX, and this whole experience you summarized is completely atypical of the usual service levels. This sounds nothing like my work place, so this must have been a VERY off day. Hope you'll give it a chance again. We are all very excited about the opportunity to work for Alaska, so I highly doubt you experienced any passive-aggressiveness due to the integration. Furthermore, we don't offer any benefits for AS elites currently, so we have no way of knowing who is an AS elite or not. We only know who our VX elites are. The only area of your critique that sounds accurate is in the condition of the planes. They have been slowly replacing the First Class seats on our planes, starting with the oldest ones. But these cabins will be replaced with the new AS cabins within the next year or two anyway. Sorry you had such a bad time flying us. You should definitely follow up with VX customer care.
I'm hoping you're right...given that prior to that trip I'd booked several other VX flights for in the next few months. And I'd hate to have this be "the norm".

Given that you're a VX FA, could you answer two things for me:
1. You say that currently you don't see any elite status for AS fliers... does this mean that you see elite status for VX fliers? Because that could explain the recognition of the VX elites and the ignoring of the AS elite(s).

2. Can you please, for the love of Pete, please explain the service logic? Most airlines are either front to back, back to front, or front to back going south/east and back to front going north/west. I was really confused by the skipping of some people and coming back to them later when taking meal orders. It seemed as if the logic was status-based, so I assumed as much but maybe it's random? Or down to FA preference? I don't know. I just know that I was always served/meal order taken either last or second to last... after people in front of, next to, and behind me.

Finally, I did call VX CS and was told that they were sorry I had such an experience but there was nothing they could do. That's it. I emailed AS CS and they gave me 3k miles (not necessary or asked for) and told me that these were "growing pains" and that VX should be able to see AS elite status on the manifest starting "end of summer".