FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:35 pm
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
Just hit another wall. I was able to find a first class award seat on an international partner carrier with a great reputation for first class, but not into New York, only Dallas. And naturally, the day I arrive back at DFW in mid November (well before Thanksgiving), and the day after (I'd be allowed up to 24 hrs to connect), there is not a single saver award seat on AA in any class from DFW to JFK, LGA, EWR, BOS, PHL, IAD, or DCA. Mid November! Any northeastern city! Any class!
I had the same problem with 2 J awards from EZE-SCL-MIA-DFW-MCI. I got award seats as far as DFW then could not get even an econ seat on the last leg. I called and asked for help. A very nice CSR said she's see what she could do, put me on hold for 10 minutes, and told me she was able to get AA to open up saver award seats for the last leg of an international award. Try calling and asking nicely. It worked for me, and I don;t have any stars other than lifetime gold.