FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada: Cake…..on a Plane
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:17 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Air Canada: Cake…..on a Plane

I wasn’t sure which thread title to choose

Air Canada. Cake…on a Plane
or
Air Canada - Let Them Eat Cake

I picked one, but if the mods or the collective want a different one, perhaps it can be changed.

----

FWP alert: this is not a thread about eUps or 5% promo codes or cancelled flights or IDBs, VDBs, GAs, FAs, rouge or any of the other more serious things that bring FTers and newcomers to AC FT.

We’ve had discussions on AC FT about the food, desserts, snacks and drinks that Air Canada serves on its flights. There have been threads about Special Meals not being boarded and some not being edible. There have been comments about meals choice and the priority order in J. There is always the debate about the drinks served onboard - in all cabins. Then there’s BoB. Of course we have the Kit Kat thread, which is less about meals and more about whether AC is boarding enough snacks for J cabin (and if some J pax are sharing with family in Y or if Y pax are wandering up and helping themselves (Self-upgrading snacks?). And of course, we’ve debated pickles because Air Canada flooded the MLLs with them. Thankfully, that mistake was corrected and now some MLLs have Haagen Dazs. ^

I read the post by @painintheuk in the "Out of food in business class”, where he mentions not having seen cakes on AC TPAC flights. Some of us have had these cakes, or seen them.

So I started this thread because I thought it would interest some readers to see how Air Canada’s desserts on International flights have evolved in recent years. I don’t have many food photos from way back, but still you’ll see some trends in the photos and posts that follow.

Feel free to add your cake/dessert photos.