FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:59 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
You are correct, I mean F. Thank you for the clarification. I'll go back and change the post.

FWIW, I have NEVER been in F, and I do mean F, thank you, when PC has been open, and I'm there frequently.

One more thing, a poster mentioned that if you land in E he "guess(es) there is a walkway or sorts" to F. There is, but it is very, very long. There are some moving sidewalks, but it still takes a long time. Every time I've done the walk, there is someone who has never done it before carping about how long it takes. You probably would not want to take that walk if you land in E and are connecting to a domestic flight in ATL, given PC will likely not be open. Any time saved not waiting in the line at E will be lost getting to F, going upstairs, getting back to the train in F once you are back within security and riding back to the domestic gates.

And for all you know, Qatar may be offloading their giant flight at the same time backing up Immigration at F, which you won't know until you get there.
Is there CLEAR post-customs in E or F? How about upstairs in F? My guess is no, but I want to check to make sure.

When does the Qatar flight trend to arrive at ATL?

I have a very early international arrival into ATL coming up, which I think means that we'lol arrive in F, so the question will be whether to do TSA security after the customs exit or upstairs in F. [I guess if it really looks bad, I could grab a shuttle bus to North/South and do CLEAR there, but this is inconvenient as well as requiring additional time. My guess is that there will be lots and lots of departing business travelers doing domestic, although this should mean that TSA allocates additional staff.]