FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - cabin crew... help needed [Death in flight codewords]
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:37 am
Proudelitist
Suspended

Originally Posted by meet and greet
Dear all,

As an author, I am currently writing a chapter in which a passenger becomes ill on a long haul flight, and then, unfortunately, passes away. An integral part of the storyline is how the cabin crew handle this situation. Could anyone help by advising the SOP for this ( Hopefully not from personal experience !)

Also I seem to remember that there is a code word for times when the crew are discussing such an event near pax... involving the words "Phonix rising"
Can any one confirm this?

Any help would be gratefully recieved !
many many thanks!
Not sure about the code. I am certain however, that it varies from airline to airline. As such, feel free to take liberties and make one up. Fictional airline means fictional codes.

I was once on a flight where a passenger died. I was in the row across the aisle. It was nothing high profile or dramatic. The pax appeared to be sleeping but something...maybe bowels/bladder emptying..made the pax beside him check. That pax got the FA.Then a few FA's showed up but they were being very low profile about it. They covered him in a blanket and we didn't divert or anything. Upon landing the FA stood in that row blocking the dead pax and they sort of rushed everyone off the plane.