FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:48 pm
guitarguy19

Originally Posted by mnbp
The DL Plat Amex certs are great, speaking as a DL PM. With DL's recent changes, Medallions can get complimentary upgrades when using the certs.

For your case guitarguy19 as a DL customer who is not a Medallion, the certs are probably about as valuable now as they were last year - no change. I agree you'll probably be unable to get C+. You'd not be eligible for complimentary C+, and you won't be able to upgrade after booking by paying either money or miles.
Hmm...so then as someone that flies once or twice a year on DL...DTW to SFO/RSW...how valuable should I find this card?

My thought is it *might* be worth keeping if we fly one of those routes annually. They seem like fine ways to use the cert.

Only thing is if we have enough miles we could essentially fly free...and we haven't tapped the personal gold or plat DL Amex cards yet. I dunno. Keeping it might be more trouble than it's worth to save say $125-150 on a flight annually.