FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Ambassador worth it?
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:59 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Out of curiosity, how did you go about doing this? Do you mean that you paid for the upgrade at a discount, or you asked for an advance upgrade for free?
I originally booked for the one bedroom suite ($559 rate). I then asked my Ambassador to see if the hotel might comp me an upgrade to one of their speciality suites. Originally, the hotel responded by agreeing to upgrade me to their Hospitality Suite. Then I asked about the Frank & Meier Suite, and after a week or so the hotel agreed--provided I didn't use late checkout, to which I was happy to oblige. A few days before our stay I checked again, and my Ambassador informed me that because the F&M suite resident had extended their stay, I had been upgraded further to the Nines Suite.

I asked. The hotel obliged. I asked again. The hotel obliged. Then I got a little lucky. I'm sure being on a paid suite stay helped. I know my Ambassador and my Ambassador status helped.

Please note that I didn't leave it to my Ambassador to "do it all" as others herein might do. I worked together with my Ambassador. I trusted my Ambassador, but I also followed up with her and with the hotel.