FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD has 'made a mistake' [on CCR card dining]
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:34 am
LostAntipod

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Utterly ridiculous that this hasn't been resolved yet. Do BA really think that their average F class traveller is more valuable to them than their average CCR cardholding traveller?
Before I got to this post which is, in the grand scheme of things, splitting hairs between CCR and F, I was thinking to myself : does BA really give a squat about any traveller less than Premier, or any traveller otherwise not in Y?

At the premium end, there is confused branding everywhere - from this thread , to pax in CE not getting a meal for nit-picking reasons such as "you were upgraded" to "you must have bought your ticket late" (forgive me for not linking to the threads). And we know the CW seat design is 18 years old, yet still being rolled out on new 787s. A rubbish-strewn CW seat was presented at boarding in another thread. Your CW seat is broken or IFE fails ? BA robo-email says.... "we're terribly sorry to hear about your experience ...and hope to see you again soon". Racked up 200000 Avios in CW and want to use them on a CW redemption where and when YOU want?....computer says no (according to the BA redemption finder yesterday, I could go to Cape Town...in July 2018). And then, gold card in one hand and excited partner in the other (having used an Amex 2-4-1) I risk turning up for my holiday planned 11 months in advance because of limited availability, only to be told that I have been downgraded to WT+ For an overnight sector....and given a very disingenuous explanation of what compensation I would be entitled to. Ah yes, status has its privileges.

Don't get me wrong - Its perfectly legitimate for people to post their disappointments in Flyertalk, and most of us on here are frequent and premium cabin travellers so our views are over-represented to a degree...but I'm sorry to burst your bubble: BA does not give a squat about you. The worlds wealth is concentrated in fewer people and they don't fly on scheduled carriers; international business is increasingly done by video and email, not travel. Your CW seat is blocking the way for twice as many economy pax who cost less to service because they get less, and with more of them, BA can then lever greater discounts from suppliers. Shareholders and management bonuses come first.

Enjoy what you get from BA ....or go somewhere else. I did.