FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:27 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MrMutton
I admit I have a vested interest as I have a LHR-IAD-LHR trip in F coming up, booked using a 2-4-1. Outbound is F5 A4 but inbound is F0 A0 and all seats show as selected on both EF and BA such that I can't change my seat. Can I be confident that with F0 A0 they are not selling more, or could that 15th someone already bought a ticket and not got a seat?
If you have an allocated seat then that is certainly helpful, though TBS' experience yesterday/today indicates even that isn't necessarily a blocker. It is possible there is someone else with a First booking but no seat, but again looking at the significant movements on TBS' experience in just a few hours, anything could happen. If a kid in a large family group gets chicken pox on the morning of departure then an aircraft can go from vastly overbooked to plenty of unused seats in a click of a button.

The best advice I can suggest is simply to check-in online as soon as you can and then leave it at that. Despite the impression that may be emerging here, the vast majority of 2-4-1 travellers get away in their booked cabin.