FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:53 am
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is great information. I just looked at the aerial map. So it looks like if you self park, and are staying in the Lagoon Tower (which we are), if you park pretty far along the side (east/right side looking down at them) of the tennis courts you might be pretty close to the Lagoon Tower (Important point - is there an entrance on that side of the tower - near the parking lot - or not? Not sure if the parking lot is all fenced in?).

You know, I bet you can of course walk from the back of the Lagoon Tower out because that's how people would get to the tennis courts, right?
IIRC the tennis courts are pretty well fenced off from the parking lot. The tennis courts are directly connected to the spa/fitness center which is in the southern protuberance of the Lagoon Tower. I think they try to keep the spa and courts secured so the only access is through the Lagoon Tower.

What is difficult to see is the walkway from the parking lot to the main entrance of the property. If you're at the main entrance there's a sloped walkway to the southwest that leads to stairs down to the lot (it's about 150 feet from the main entrance to the stairs). The walkway continues past the stairs and continues sloping down to the parking lot to the west of the stairs (it's effectively handicapped accessible - no steps).