FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which US Passport should I enter Israel with?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:22 am
greycap7

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Often1
There are any number of reasons for more than one passport, including that PP1 was lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed. None of that matters overseas.

Not sure why one would cancel the ticket and purchase a new one in order to change passport data. That also happens all the time.
I actually cancelled because I realized it was Eid-ul-Adha this weekend, and it's probably not the best time to go.

Originally Posted by craz
I would have CX the tkt and rebooked as well, simply due to not knowing if the carrier will forward to the Israelis that I changed my PP info when the PP 1st used was still valid for travel. Sure there can be dozens of valid reasons for getting rid of a perfectly valid PP and get a new one. But if I had gone thru a 4 hr security ordeal I wouldnt chance that by changing everything I just ended up causing myself to go thru it again

that said as someone mentioned up thread its very possible all their info will trigger them anyways even with a new PP, but if I can try and stack the odds in my favor to avoid going thru it by getting a new PP and using it on my res w/o ever inputting PP1s info, I most surely will do so, nothing to lose.
That's what I'm thinking as well. I'm mentally prepared for the 4+hr grilling. I have a friend and she was grilled for 7 hours once.

Originally Posted by Ditto
No doubt, OP should still be ready to answer the question about whether or not he has another passport, and be ready for the possibility of yet another long questioning.
I've been advised many many times by the State Department not to carry both PP. Would this be a good time not to heed their advice and take both?

Originally Posted by craz
and if asked answer 100% honestly OP by saying Yes, otherwise you will wish they only questioned you for 4 hours. And after they are finally done you might just find yourself on the next flight back w/o having been admitted and that will probably KO any future entry as well

The worst thing a person can do is lie unless they know 100% exactly what the questioner knows

exception would be if PP1 is offically cancelled then its void, so if asked do you have another PP the truth is 'no'. If asked did you have a different PP before answer s/b 'yes'.
I know... It was kinda rough last time, because they asked me an incredible amount of questions where I almost felt like I was guilty of doing something even though I hadn't done a thing.

Originally Posted by mbgg
Agreed. Whichever passport you decide to use - DON'T LIE !! And don't arrive so nervous that your body language alone makes you look suspicious. Relax.
That's easier said than done lol!