FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:08 pm
paperwastage

Originally Posted by mohankr252
I have Chase Marriott rewards, which comes with Trip Cancellation/Interruption Benefit. I filed a trip interruption claim as I have to advance my return flight as my daughter was sick and I had to get home earlier than planned. When I changed my ticket for 2 passengers united airlines charged 600$ change fee and 1400$ fare difference.

When I filed the claim they only reimbursed the 600$ change fee and said that 1400$ fare difference is not covered, which doesn't make any sense.

Any thoughts on how to go about appealing the claim?

Thanks in Advance.
there are (paid) insurance options that would cover your scenario (trip interruption, covers forfeited prepaid/nonrefundable reservations<or change fees> AND covers additional costs to get you back on the trip/home)

http://www.travelinsurancereview.net...-interruption/
In addition, trip interruption coverage provides additional reimbursement to cover the costs that result from the purchase of additional tickets to return home. If your trip is interrupted and you are able to rejoin the trip, some plans will also provide reimbursement for the additional transportation costs related to re-joining your trip.
unfortunately, the credit card protection doesn't offer the second part(gets you home), only the first part(covers change fees/nonrefundable prepaid costs). you should read the benefits more carefully

Last edited by paperwastage; Aug 22, 2017 at 9:16 pm