FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA to pilots: We're considering retiring all 747s by end of 2018 (Phaseout EOY 2017).
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:59 pm
warrenw

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by 747FC
I believe they were comparing to the GF cabin. Higher density and similar (or greater) demands.
I'm sorry but it's their.... job... I mean look at other airlines that are known for their service and how they treat customers, they seem to get it right. Why can't UA? I mean these folks applied for a job to be a FA, why complain when you have to serve people who have expectations based on money they spent? I know a lot of people in C are flying for work, but only 25% of my travel is work related the other 75% is pleasure and I pay cash for a lot of my C tickets - I want something for my money.

It really comes down to the culture that's been going on inside of UA for years and years now - the customer is the enemy.

With that said I have had more FA's who genuinely enjoy their job and make each flight a great experience for everyone surrounding them, than FA's who couldn't care less about being there. I just feel I have to add that caveat, I mean I'm not trying to complain about FA's, I guess my overall point is they shouldn't complain about something they are paid to do for a job they themselves chose to do as a career.