FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:04 pm
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by tuono07
It looks like Shanghai could go through Narita but Beijing would be PHX /SEA/ Beijing so
I will still need a visa!
Now if I can get my CO to let me know the meeting schedule
In PHX so I can make plans.
My examples above were only one possibility. The third country can go before or after China, so while USA-Beijing-USA nonstop flights in each direction is a no-no for TWOV, USA-Japan(or other country)-Beijing-USA or USA-Beijing-Japan-USA are both equally acceptable to the Chinese.

Originally Posted by 889
The ten-year visa is a great deal. And who knows when political winds might suddenly blow it away. Strongly suggest going for it, and not worrying about possible pitfalls under TWOV.
I agree with this. And given that the political US-China winds are blowing in various unpredictable directions right now, grabbing that 10-year visa while it's available would be smart. When the political chips are down, tightening up the availability of visas/visa terms is often an early casualty. Whereas people who already have existing visas normally don't have them cancelled.