FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:57 pm
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Please excuse me while I borrow a very organized format:

Tuesday August 15, 2017
DL 1501: BOS-ATL
Equipment: A321
Meal: Breakfast
Distance: 946 miles, Block Time 2h45m

I'm an infrequent Delta flyer (mostly a B6/UA guy) but I've just started flying DL in F lately since their premium cabin fares are only marginally higher than economy fares on other airlines.

Entree: Turkey bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich
Side: Fruit of questionable freshness (pineapple had graying spots)
Dessert: The ubiquitous Chobani Greek yogurt (every carrier seems to be serving it lately)
Beverage: Coffee - catering didn't load any ceramic cups.

The meal:

Verdict: I don't want to sound picky or that I have high expectations, but this is something I'd expect on a United Express E175 and not on a mainline Delta flight. The sandwich was just ok, and I'm glad that Delta isn't doing some variation of the quiche like on United and American. I knew there was a reason that almost all of the Medallion elites in the cabin all chose the cereal instead of the sandwich. Since Delta practices FEBO, they ran out of cereal by the time they got to my row (row 2), with the person sitting next to me ordering the last cereal. The people in row 1 had no other option than the sandwich.

Last edited by diburning; Aug 20, 2017 at 2:24 pm