FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EDI-LGW-GOA became GLA-LGW-GOA at last minute
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:43 pm
maastrichtmouse

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The right to compensation (Article 7) will depend on the cause of the cancellation and the relevant timings.

I would hope that BA will cover the cost of the coach trip. Though the Contact Centre have standard scripts which indicate they won't pay for this, under Article 8.3 it is payable, and in the past they've been OK to cover this sort of expense anyway. The only exception perhaps would be if BA insisted on the EDI rebook and the passenger then went out of their way to go via GLA.
Thanks, CWS, for the prompt reply.

Thanks to her bus trip to Glasgow she was able to get onto the same plane she would have been on to Genoa from Gatwick, thankfully no delay in arrival.

I know it seems terribly petty, but we're both post grad academics and money is usually on the tight side, and so even this £20 or so for the bus makes a difference in the weekly food shop.

I very, very much doubt she brought up the subject of Glasgow as a departure. When she found out she was going there she had to ask me whether Glasgow was in England or Scotland (she's Italian and quite new to Edinburgh). I cannot imagine she thought of this scheme herself.

I will write a letter asking for the money to be refunded. Should I be making a legal argument using the language of EC/261 or a more prosaic argument?