FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-LAS, not a trip report!
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:46 pm
andymcdonnell

LHR-LAS, not a trip report!

So there has been quite a bit of discussion on here on various threads about BA LHR-LAS, about the state of the aircraft etc so having flown the route a couple of days ago I'll give some feedback.

The flight departed pretty much on time, maybe 10mins delay and landed 20mins early. Good!

Boarding was a mess. Despite attempts to board those who needed assistance first followed by first & gold and then Club, there was a scrum from everyone with priority boarding which was not managed. Bad!

Pre departure beverage, menu, amenity kit and bottled water all handed out prior to take off. CSM introduced himself to every passenger upstairs. Good!

The aircraft was really showing her age. The seat itself was fine but side walls & overhead bins were falling apart and held together by tape. The IFE was slow, poor quality and lacking in content. In addition the plane was filthy with wine spilled down the side of the seat, used contact lenses in the bin beside the seat and crumbs all over the floor. I told one of the crew and was told this was nothing to do with BA, it was a 3rd party but she'd report it. Bad!

Out starter arrived on the same tray as dessert & cheese. We were told this was due to the strike. Both were small in size and poor in quality. We were never offered tea, coffee, after dinner drink etc. Poor!

My main tasted ok but suddenly I found something hard in my mouth, it was a chipped piece of the dish. I called the crew and again was told this was due to a 3rd party so asked to speak to the CSM. He was much more apologetic and said he'd write up a report. He again apologised as I left the aircraft. Overall very poor though!

The second "meal" was awful. Afternoon tea replaced by half a ciabatta about
the length of my finger. They'd ran out of all beer at that point. Again, poor!

So overall not a great experience.