FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Club World : The good, the bad and the ugly...
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:55 am
milesaddict

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for posting!

Again, BA food looks absolutely disgusting. I can't believe they would serve that crap.

Wow.

AA blows away BA catering. It's not even close. In fact any US carrier J food is far better.
Thanks Envirojan. I can't deny that I got the worst BA meal in the past 5 years.

AA is much better is pretty much all aspects (better seat 787, catering and crew).

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Wow dessert served with the appetizer, thats a no, no. BA getting lazy or going going downhill or perhaps both.
I would not be surprised if the flight was schedule to leave past midnight. But leaving at 8;30 pm with 13h to go. It's unacceptable.

Originally Posted by m3red
A nice report!

Evidence as to why BA club world is a last resort.
Thanks m3red. I'm gonna wait the improvements to make another Club booking.
The only thing great was the direct service to get a straight rest.

Originally Posted by NoY
They have been doing that for ages. Sheer lack of effort & laziness IMHO. I haven't flown CW for 6 years (that was because F was full) & will never do so again, unless they suitably revamp the entire hard/soft product.
Unless I'm wrong the new seat is due in 2018/9.
However BA is gonna change the catering provider soon (they picked DC&CO). We can expect great thing from them.

Originally Posted by nequine
Despite having the bed, I couldn’t sleep at all – the bed was uncomfortable (no mattress unlike Emirates) and the cabin was excruciatingly hot.

I’ve managed to get us daytime flights back from the US so that was a major factor in deciding to go WTP too.

You're right, it all depends on what the price is that you're paying. For what it was going to cost us (going to North America) for an extra £600 we could go to Australia!
GA is cheap to OZ in J from LHR. You should take a look.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Does BA have any plans to update their J product? I mean, really, it has to be the worst business class product out there. Those IFE screens look like they are from 1998!
Yes. New seat in a couple of years + better pillow+duvet and blanket in Club with a new catering provider.

I doubt BA can catch up with QR. If BA can be as good as AF, I would be happy.