FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Club World : The good, the bad and the ugly...
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:40 am
nequine

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Cymro
You get to sleep in a flat bed. If you can do that in a chair, it's not worth the money. If you have abundant time to recover from a lack of sleep - also not worth the money. If you can upgrade using avios, it's not worth the money.

I fly CW all the time and I don't do it for the experience - I do it for the non-experience - i.e., I get on a plane, have dinner, watch a movie or read if I want to and have time, then wake up in time for breakfast, after which I am functional at my destination.
Despite having the bed, I couldn’t sleep at all – the bed was uncomfortable (no mattress unlike Emirates) and the cabin was excruciatingly hot.

I’ve managed to get us daytime flights back from the US so that was a major factor in deciding to go WTP too.

Originally Posted by milesaddict
It depends on the fare paid. I think the price I paid is paid for 6 legs in Business. I would not pay more for it. WTP is fine, I tried it 2 years ago to DXB.
You're right, it all depends on what the price is that you're paying. For what it was going to cost us (going to North America) for an extra £600 we could go to Australia!