FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas "challenge" to reinstate expired points
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:23 am
goldy999

Originally Posted by Matthew Covich
Hi guys, I've had a similar issue with my Qantas points expiring this year without any prior email warning me.

I had an email in 2015 warning me my points would expire within a month, so I topped up my account to keep the points active.

Roll on to 2017, I didn't get the email this time. I lost 60,000 points!

I talked to Qantas & they say that an email was sent & that they can't resend the email as proof, as I requested. I recovered all emails dating back to February 2017 (the points expiry email should've been sent at the start of March - points expired March 31). The earliest recovered email from Qantas was in May. So no emails in Feb/Mar/Apr!

I then contacted the Airline Customer Advocate & they apparently fought for me, but Qantas wouldn't budge, as apparently it's my responsibility to keep tabs on my account. That's fair enough, but I'm supposed to get email notifications, like the first time my points were about to expire in 2015.

Can anyone tell me if they've been in a similar situation?
What happened to you and alp0k4t has also happened to me. No emails from Qantas at all between May-July so no notification about points expiring, but come August, I find that all my points have already expired. Checked with Qantas and they say that the system sent out (nowhere to be seen) emails in May. Sounds like something's a tad iffy with the Qantas FF system. They've offered me the challenge for completion in 6 months. You should ask for it too.