FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:23 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by G-man82
I'm looking to do a mileage run, too, in an attempt to hit platinum by year's end. I looked up the SIN trip using starting airports of IAH and ATL and OH WOW the price difference is amazing just by starting in IAH vs ATL.

Clearly, I'd have to position myself in IAH, despite living in ATL.

How would this be done? Buy a one way to IAH and then just throw away the return ATL-IAH segment and get off in ATL?

It's been a while since I've posted on FT, and this is the first time I'm entertaining a MileageRun, and I've been reading but it's all VERY confusing.
Have you compared the prices and MQMs with Toronto or Chicago-Midway, where the prices to Singapore are quite good too?

Delta does have some rules about booking segments you won't actually fly. You might be best doing a throw away segment on another airline or through Delta but WITH a different email address and WITHOUT your Sky Miles number attached to it.