FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS LAX Connection: T-6 <-> TBIT
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:54 pm
steve64

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by jasongc87
Hi All,

I'll be flying from Hong Kong to LAX arriving at 11:10 AM and continuing on to DCA on AS 6 at 12:30. I know I'm really cutting it short time wise, but hopefully since I'm flying J and have global entry I can make it. At a brisk pace, does anyone think you can make it in 10 minutes from TBIT to Terminal 6? Hopefully I can get a lift on one of the carts mentioned above.

Thanks,
Jason
All of the above conversations is about people arriving domestically, thus never leaving the TSA secured area as they pass thru terminals.
Arriving internationally, when you exit immigration/customs, you will be outside the TSA security, so must re-clear.

I'll leave it up to others (who are more familiar with intl connections) to discuss your best options as to where you should re-clear TSA. It can be done in TBIT and you can use the connectors and tunnels to get to T6. Personally, I'd exit TBIT out to the sidewalk, turn right and keep walking till I get to Alaska check-in (use the upper level sidewalk) and clear TSA at T6. The walk would be a little bit shorter and you don't have to worry about finding the tunnel, escalators up/down etc. If you don't have your AS boarding pass, then this is probably your only option. Otherwise, your best option depends on which TSA area is going to be the least busy as you pass by.

The carts you mention are in the T4-T5-T6 tunnel only. That tunnel is narrow, so they don't have a lot of carts running back-n-forth. I don't think I'd wait for one ... if you're not lucky with one waiting I'd start walking.
If you use the outside sidewalk option, there are buses between terminals (I think on the lower level sidewalk). DON'T use the bus, it will at least triple the travel time vs walking.