FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Club World : The good, the bad and the ugly...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:43 pm
milesaddict

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by NoY
Nice report, thanks for posting.

What the heck is that breakfast dish! Looks truly disgusting..
Thanks NoY. It was supposed to be more or less eggs benedict. I taste as bad as it looks.

Originally Posted by Cymro
If it's the salmon eggs benedict, it is much, much worse than it looks.
You're right. Not the best meal to be served more than 15 hours after being prepared. It's a meal to be cooked on order. Thanks for your comment.

Originally Posted by nequine
I'm glad I am now saving £2000 next year by flying WTP instead of CW with BA, your post and what I've read from others just confirm that CW isn't worth the money.
It depends on the fare paid. I think the price I paid is paid for 6 legs in Business. I would not pay more for it. WTP is fine, I tried it 2 years ago to DXB.

Originally Posted by CaptainBoycott
Thank you for the review!
My pleasure.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Nice report, indeed. I especially like you categories of staff. Compared to Quatar it´s not the same league, but many things are more Kind of First than Business. Fact is that Business at "traditional" Airlines is not that great. Only flew Business once on a long haul (sorry, I´m a snob) and even if I never flown J or even F this time before, I was not impressed. So I think the Overall judgement is fair.
Many Thanks Offerendum! BA is outranked by QR by a mile and many airlines around like AF.
Air France improved their service for both hard and soft and now give you a run of your money.

Originally Posted by Cymro
You get to sleep in a flat bed. If you can do that in a chair, it's not worth the money. If you have abundant time to recover from a lack of sleep - also not worth the money. If you can upgrade using avios, it's not worth the money.

I fly CW all the time and I don't do it for the experience - I do it for the non-experience - i.e., I get on a plane, have dinner, watch a movie or read if I want to and have time, then wake up in time for breakfast, after which I am functional at my destination.
+1