FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:45 am
sogi

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm not sure I believe all these quotes. For most of my life not only did I never say anything while walking back to economy, I never even had the slightest thought about those seats or who sat there. I never assumed I belonged to that class. It was only when I joined United Mileage Plus and flew a lot and started getting free upgrades that I ever even had a thought about First Class. And since then, while I've seen plenty of people look around the cabin, I've never heard anyone utter a single phrase about it.
When I travel solo or with the wife, I almost never hear anything as well.

However, if we're bringing our pre-school kids, we almost always get someone telling us the kids are too old to preboard in zone PREM.

Getting four upgrades together is hard, even at DM. Clearly if anyone sits in the back, it ends up being me. I have on occasion heard people talking about the two kids up front as they pass the forward cabin. But never anything beyond a "they look so tiny" or "look at the space they're wasting". Never any sort of jealousy or such. Just random chitchat.