FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, etc. w/ Ultimate Rewards Points, 2014-2017
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:15 am
lkar

Originally Posted by Need
Does anyone have experience on a flight ticket refund from the airline when the ticket is purchased thru Chase UR Travel with UR points? I bought some tickets with cash and some with points on Delta. I had to cancel the trip and the tickets because of a death in the family. Delta approved the refund due to bereavement and I can see the cash bought tickets refund shows up on my CSR a week ago. I have not seen any refund for the tickets I got with UR points.. (either in points or cash equivalent).
I had a similar situation where AA discretionarily refunded me due to a schedule change. It was cash and points. It took Chase about 3 weeks to redeposit the points and credit the cash.

It was interesting because the AA refund showed the last 4 digits of the card to which the refund went and they were different from the last four of my Chase reserve. It took a while, but I finally got someone at ultimate rewards travel to explain it to me. They have a "master" card or cards that pay the airlines out of one card account (or a handful). When refunds come back to the master account it takes a while to reconcile it, and then another period for connexions or whatever to ping chase to refund the account.