View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 17, 2:14 am
SunshineStay

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Aloft Munich, Germany [Master Thread]

I was surprised to find no master thread for the Aloft Munich, although it has been recognized in various other threads already (BRG, MAGC, etc.) and opened already in late 2015.

I recently stayed there and found it a good choice for a short stay. Here's a quick summary:
    The hotel is located directly next to Munich main station, right opposite of the Le Meridien Munich. It is therefore perfect for people that have business or leisure activities in Munich downtown. As main station is also the central hub for S-trains and underground trains, it is easy to get to from the airport via the S1 and S8 lines.
  • Check-In:
    Quick and easy. Took less than 3 minutes, though I must note that the lobby is quite active and turbulent.
  • Plat Recognition:
    I received a suite upgrade without using an SNA.
    I took the breakfast amenity instead of the 250 points.
  • Room:
    Nice and very modern. The walk-in shower was huge and the bed was quite comfy. There's a Nespresso coffee machine in the room, which I didn't use. One thing to note is that roughly 1/4 of all rooms point to Bayerstraße/Main Station, which is a very busy street. I don't know how loud those rooms are and how good their sound insulation is because I had a room facing the inner courtyard which was very quiet. If you are noise sensitive, then I would request one of the rooms facing the courtyard.
    The hotel is participating in "Make a Green Choice".
  • Facilities:
    I used the gym, which is pretty large for a hotel gym and very modern.
  • Breakfast:
    Breakfast was good, typical continental fare. They offer various cereals, fruits, pastries, sausages, pancakes, weißwürste (local sausage variety) and grilled bacon and a few other things. The service was quite efficient.
  • Overall:
    I would definitely come back. I like the modern look of the hotel and vibe&feel of the Aloft brand.