FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extremely cold 737-900 cabin | Known issue?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:36 am
Bear4Asian

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Extremely cold 737-900 cabin | Known issue?

A week ago I flew on a 737-900 (or 800) from SEA to MSP sitting in 12C and within 20 minutes of takeoff was so cold I was shivering. Within 20 more minutes my teeth were chattering. Cold air was blowing right down on me.

About 40 minutes in I asked a FA for a blanket. Reply: "We don't have blankets. This area is always cold while front a rear of plane are very hot" Promised to ask the captain to turn up heat.

I went to the back of the plane and it was warmer, but not hot, and stopped shivering after 10-15 minutes. I returned to my seat and within 10 minutes was shivering.

Pleaded with the flight attendant for a blanket and he "found one"'in First class and brought it to me.

Other passengers in row 12 and row 13 started complaining about the cold and a few more blankerpts were found. FA promised to ask the heat to be turned up

I spent the remaining 1 1/2 hour of the flight covered with the blanket but never warmed up. Around 20 minutes before we landed the stream of cold air turned warm for just a few minutes then returned to cold.

As we landed the FA told us that he had asked the captain "7-8 times" to turn up the temp.

Questions: Is this cold area a known issue with this plane? What is the best way to report it so there is a solution sought?

This truly was the most difficult, uncomfortable flight I've ever taken.