FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, etc. w/ Ultimate Rewards Points, 2014-2017
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:41 am
Need

Originally Posted by moe8555
I discussed this in the other "BEWARE" thread. You get back the same method you used to book (i.e. if you used points, you get points refunded).

Since you cancelled the points tickets direct through Delta, you will have to start getting in touch with Chase, since they were not expecting a refund. They won't be able to piece it togethet until you explain the situation, and will probably call Delta in real time with you on the line to verify.

I am sorry for your loss.
I cancelled the tickets with UR Travel. I was going to try to file insurance with Chase CSR, but the eclaim page said that I have to contact the airline first to see what they would do. So I contacted Delta for the bereavement refund and I can see that they gave me a full refund on the tickets I bought with credit card (not points). Delta never actually contacted back telling me "we have refunded you..." but I saw the credits show up on my CSR.

My message to Chase UR got a reply which is kind of ambiguous. It said that "We are happy to look into this for you." but then after that it gives me instruction to call Chase Travel to cancel the tickets. If they read my message, they would have know my tickets are already cancelled. I guess I just have to call them.