FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Same Day Changes (SDC) and Free Change on the Day (FCOD) on BA tickets
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:34 am
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It can be done after OLCI, but you have to be offloaded before anything happens, and therefore it can't be done online, you have to call up or go to the airport. It doesn't take long to offload you. Personally I would defer OLCI if there was a chance that I'd avail of SDC (just then don't forget to check-in at all, as I nearly did once!). The bag is not usually easy to move (depends on the airport). Regardless of whether it is technically possible or not, I would say that once the bag is in the system you're not realistically able to change the booking. That really doesn't make sense anyway to my mind, since if you're at the airport you will know when the next available flight would be.
Thanks, what I'm thinking about is if as does happen you get there v early to try to jump on earlier flight, totally full, but then say 1 hour 30 or so before STD an inbound connecting pax gets delayed so flight connections support people proactively rebook them - this could free up a seat and change could still be done. I appreciate it's a faff and not within the spirit of the rules. I did think this might be easier at Heathrow given singing and dancing bag system. I just like to have a full understanding of these things!

Thanks again CWS.